HELP! error "Code 43" with 2 video cards (Nvidia and ATI) in Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

enderokc

Solid State Member
Well last night I built my new comptuer (specs below), and I wanted to be able to run 3 monitors. so I bought a 8800GTS and I took an x600 from my old work computer to be able to run the 3rd monitor. Well I cant seem to get the drivers to install correctly on the x600. I keep getting a Code 43.

I think is a problem with Vista and Nvidia and ATI not wanting to work togeather. can anybody help me?? PLEASE!!!

computer specs:
e6600 2.4GHz core 2 duo
evga 680i motherboard
evga 8800GTS superclocked 640MB
ATI x600
2GB Corsiar PC1066
2x WD sata 250GB Hard drives

i dont think theyre compatible as Ive heard that you can only run nvidia or ati at one time as drivers are basicly a set of rules for the computer to follow and it cant encode the same picture with two sets of rules and split the image might just be an xp thing though and may have fixed it for vista.

Matt

I am using Vista Ultimate right now and it doesnt work.

so you dont think it will work if I were to install XP??

yep that should be good I would reccomend a program called ultramon for handling multiple screens as it has easy to set profiles but also it adds sum buttons on the windows for quick switching between monitors and stretching of individual windows across multiple monitors. The most useful day to day thing is definitely the extra task bar it puts on each monitor though I have a dual screen setup and it works really well.

Matt

Cool, thanks!!

is that program "ultramon" free? and do you have their website handy??

its to early for Vista, manufactures are behind schedule when it comes to drivers and wat not.

in a year or two ill be planning to get it..

its not free but there are quite a few less legal serial codes on the net. just type it in google to find the homepage it unless theyve updated it from last year it does look a little simple lol.

Matt

Well I got it working last night, I bought a Geforce 6200LE from a local vender, and it worked just fine.

I just wish ATI and NVIDIA could work nicely togeather :) cant we all get a long :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom