help for dead computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

copperhead1829

Beta member
i a at my wits end, i have three computers down with the same problem, they just died, i bought a new power supply, that didnt work, i bought a motherboard, then processor, then ram, what is happening now with number 1 is this, when i hit the power button, the fans come on for just a split second, then go back off, if i pull the 4 pin for processor power, the fans stay running, i have swapped the processor and it does the same with either one, the board is a pc chips m825g v9.2 2 g processor 128 mgs ram. any ideas would be helpful, and no, i dont have a case speaker on this board so i can hear post codes,

ok, here is the latest, i tried starting the board out of the case, i got a notice onscreen saying incorrect cmos, so, i went into setup and let it make its own changes, auto, then it restarted, said something about error loading os, now, i cant get any video after replacing gthe board in the case,

Hello,

It sounds as if you might have a short somewhere. Are you sure the board is properly grounded? As for the Error loading OS you will have to reinstall Windows. After chaing out that many parts the hardware profiles will not match and Windows will not boot.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom