WD 300 gig hdd
500 watt psu
Not overclocked

Current mbm5 report: at idle in celsius
Sensor 1: 25C
Sensor 2: 36C
Sensor 3: 71C
Bios also confirms this cpu temp...
I can't get the voltage meter to work...

Ok so I seem to have had an overheating problem since i built this pc.
First year wasn't too bad but then it started to overheat under load via gaming. It overheats and shutsdown or freezes pc. I have good reason to suspect cpu heat because one time it shut down during game and upon reboot i checked the bios cpu temp to see it dropping back down from really high temp due to the gaming load.

So about 6 months ago i took it apart cleaned everything with alcohol, got a better heatsink and reapplied silver compound and put it all back together. Temp was still the same (hot). Side of case is off and plenty of fan action and room temp isn't hot. The second i turn on any game the cpu temp shoots up like a rocket. Any ideas what going on here? I'm stumped.
Thank you......

Not overclocked either btw.

I would ask the same on the temps I used a similiar tool and Sensor 3 said 127C I was like wtf?! but then I found in the FAQ that it was a false reading because it couldn't find another sensor to link with Sensor 3, nice scare though.

Well in any case, false reading or not something is overheating during graphics load. I just don't really know if it's the gpu or cpu or what.

just curious have you replaced the cpu cooling fan or tried adding another case fan btw taking the side probably wont be any help just disrupts the air flow through the case well thats my twopenith worth

I haven't tried changing cpu fan, no. But i have side off case with 10 inch fan blowing right into it, lol. airflow is not an issue. Maybe the cpu is just done for, probably had bad cpu from the get go but it got worse over three yrs. This thread can be over with... Have already ordered this:

New case with 600W gaming PSU
Asus AM2 Socket Mobo
Amd Phenom 9550 Quad core CPU
4 GB Ram
and all the other good stuff... I should be good to go.

Its time to lay this pc down to rest, lol

Thank you all.... END THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom