HELP!!! Computer Wont Turn on, NEED HELP ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLeeoh

Solid State Member
Alright so... Just putting together new setup here, i have a new Raidmax Tornado Case and BioStar A770E3 Motherboard to go with it, Also a new Rosewell RD500-2SB Powersupply. All new out of the box as of this morning.... I Set it all up got it all together. Plugged the powersupply into my motherboard. plugged my Disk Drive and hard drive into the motherboard and powersupply, i've got all my ram in snug. my fans are all in place and tight. Graphics card is in place.... The front USB are plugged int he power / reset buttons and the LED's are all plugged in right.. to the best of my (limited) Knowledge it should work. So i plug the power cord in .. (nothing else yet) and hit the power button...

It dosent turn on, however. my fans are all lit up ones and my power supply also glows... so When i try to turn it on allt he lights and turn on and then flash off then turn on.. and off. and jsut kinda.. flash at me, in adition the fans they are connected to sort of jutt on for a second but before they can move they turn off again so they kind of just twitch in the same pattern as the Lights, .. so its like the power is twitching to them but not giving a constant flow?

I wonder if i hooked something up wrong? I'm not sure.. but like i said the powersupply and motherboard are new out of the box so there really shouldn't be anything wrong with them... if anyone knows how to help me troubleshoot / what is wrong, please help Asap. as ... i Need To try and fix this.. Like Today. i cannot work without my computer and im not likely to strip it all down and put the parts back in my old computer. so.. please respond ..

Did you use the standoffs that keep the motherboard from touching the motherboard tray? Did they all line up with the holes in the motherboard? If a standoff is mislocated it will short the system out. Did you do all the steps in this guide?

The animated guide to Building a PC. Learn to build a PC from scratch with PCitYourself!

Try reseting the bios.

I would suspect the power supply 1st. Just because a few lights shine and the fans try to spin doesn't mean it's working correctly. Rosewell isn't what I would consider a reliable manufacturer.

Yeah i deffinetly missed the standoff screws. my manuual didnt say anything about them. like at all it was jjust like. SCREW IT INTO YOUR CASE!. i only tried to turn it on twice. but the board isnt really touching the case? it just dosent have as much space as those things give it.. but the screws have it slightly above the case... anyways im going to take it all out and do it right. whats the worst that could happen from this?

The worst can could happen is bad, multiple damaged components.

But you should be OK, your not the 1st to miss this.

Okay. so i took it all apart... put it back in right tested the power supply. its fine. put that back in turned it on and.. it turns on! very smoothly too. however it goes to the.. windows did not shut down propperly screen. and says start normaly or boot system repair. and its auto highlighting repair. and my keboard isnt working in any of the usb ports front or back. keybaord is brand new and worked fine on other computer so its the computer not picking up my keyboard. so i cant select start normaly. after 10 seconds it automatically goes to system repair because i couldnt select the other one. and then just goes to that blue screen with the light rays on it that it usualy goes to but.. it dosent bring up the repair dialog box like it should. it just sits on the blue screen..... forever. :eek: its another problem but.. atleast we made progress and it turns on? xD

Sounds like you're trying to use an HDD from a previous system which isn't going to work very well. You need to reinstall your OS. As for the keyboard, does the mobo have a PS2 keyboard connector? If it does, try plugging a keyboard there to see if you can then access the BIOS. In there should be an option to enable legacy USB or something like that.

Yeah. I just assumed that a while ago. uh... Yeah were trying to figure out how to do this because i need my HD with all the files and i cant afford to buy another hard drive. i have my 1TB HD with all my work and such on it. and an old 80G HD we were thinking put the 80G in and installw indows and the drivers onto it so i can use my computer... then hook my 1TB HD up as an additional one and go in and update everything on it or something? I dunno. but basically i have those 2 hard drives... the computer im on now is a mac laptop its not helpfull for much... and my computer. need to Keep the files on my 1TB Hard drive. and make it work for the new system. e_e also. i do not have a windows 7 disc xD so thats also a fail. any ideas?

Windows licences are tied to the motherboard, if you have an OEM license it cannot be transferred, if you bought Windows full-retail then the license is transferable.

You need a Windows disc, or another OS (linux, etx...) to be able to access your machine. It will work fine to use the 80GB as a primary drive and the 1TB as storage.

Okay i think ill get a windows 7 Disc off ebay. one of the full retail ones. install it, and then install the drivers. and then all is good yes? D;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom