Help with computer build!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandoekno

Solid State Member
I have trouble with this new computer that I just built. Its a K9A2 Platinum motherboard and I plugged everything in correctly and all the fans spin but when I start it up it makes all the noises it should but I get no post on the monitor and my Thermaltake armor jr case only has a red light on and not a blue light.

Like in this picture http://www.tweaknews.net/reviews/ttarmorjr/img/2.jpg it has both lights on but mines only has the red one on.

The red light is hard drive activity.

Usually these problems stem from PSU or RAM problems, so check those first. Cycle your RAM through the DIMM's, try one stick in each DIMM, etc. Try swapping out parts if you can.

I have a Antec 500 Earthwatts
4 GB 2x2 G.Skill
Athlon 6000+
7200.11 500GB seagate.

When i turn it on the mouse and keyboards light up but it won't post anything on my screen. Since the red light indicates hard drive activity could something be wrong with the hard drive?

Here's things to try:

Make sure all connections are plugged in properly (specifically, the 4/8 pin CPU cable and the 6/8 pin PCI-e connectors).

Unplug all non-essential components (hard drives, optical drives, lights, extra case fans, sound cards, NIC's, etc).

Reset the CMOS on the motherboard.

Make sure the video card and RAM are seated properly. Re-seat them.

Make sure the CPU heatsink is attached securely.

You did "that". What is "that"? I gave several suggestions.

If you unplugged the hard drive, the light won't show because it is a hard drive activity light... no hard drive = no light.

Ignore the light, it's not useful for troubleshooting purposes.

Did you try all of my suggestions?

Yes I connected them all still won't work and I can't shut off my system unless I turn off the power supply switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom