HELP! BSOD while Windows is loading. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 12-27-2005, 08:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default HELP! BSOD while Windows is loading.

I have a DELL Dimension 4600. I took my computer from my apartment to my house. I brought all the cables, just left the monitor. The car ride was about 1 hour. I hooked up my computer 1 hour later and now right after the Windows loading screen I get the error messege:

Windows did not start to avoid damage to your computer. Run a diagnosis check, especially on memory, try changing video adapters, and remove any new software or hardware…

*** STOP: 0x0000007F (0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I keep getting it every time I restart my computer. Every other time I restart it, I get an option to go into Safe mode (which I can do but I can’t check system log because the interface isn’t loaded). I called DELL technical support and they didn’t help at all. They made me do system restore and diagnosis check (express and extended). Then they sent me to a software technician. He thought it was because of Norton Anti-virus (but I would have gotten a 0x00000008 after the 7F). He did a few steps and had no idea, then he sent me back to a hardware technician and he told me to do a full scan (which takes over an hour). All test passed. He was supposed to call me back but he didn’t.

I looked every online. I made sure everything was in place in my computer. I haven’t installed any new hardware or software in the past month. I can’t think of anything that could be the problem.

Old 12-27-2005, 08:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Send a message via AIM to RockyZ

Did you check for Viruses, etc. Do you do monthly defragments? If you take care of your computer, and this is happening, you might want to try replugging everything in the computer, something might be lose.

G. Skill 4GB(2x2GB) DDR800
eVGA 8800GTS 320MB
super pi: 1m=20s
Old 12-28-2005, 10:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Wizard Techie
Send a message via AIM to HAVOC Send a message via Yahoo to HAVOC

Oh boy, if I had a Dollar for every time a Dell had an issue that it's Tech support couldn't fix or was no help at all, i'd be retired right now at 30.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
Master Techie

You put your PC in the car.....something shook lose. Reseat everything. Make sureyou are grounded. The above MS informatin concerns the error code. Particularly, reseat the memory stricks.
Noli Nothis Permittere Te Terere!!
EVGA 680i, Dual EVGA 8800GT'S (650/950), 4 gigs OCZ DDR2 1066, Intel Q9450 at 3.8 Ghz, Koolance Water Cooled, Dual Plextor16x DL DVD+/-RW. Dual WD 250gb 16mb Cache Sata 3.0. 3DMark06 score = 19,168.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Yea, I reseated the memory sticks, my video adapter, and my ATI TV TUNER. I made sure everything else was secure.

Looks like I might have to back up everything I can and reboot from the OS disc.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Ok. I went back to my apartment and hooked up my monitor and I no longer get the BSOD. All my friends told me it couldn't be the monitor but it was. I guess my computer didn't find it when it was loading and didn't start. It's a ViewSonic LCD monitor by the way.

Thanks for all the replies.

Closed Thread