Help..accidentally disabled USB..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
In an attempt to sort out my mp3 playing connectiing to my pc properly i accidentally turned USB 2.0 controllers off without realising.

Now i have no mouse or keyboard function to get back into BIOS to turn them back on.

Please tell me theres a simple solution to get them back on or reset the BIOS manually ?

To reset the BIOS just remove the CMOS battery. There BIOS reset.

Weres the battery, and do i do this whilst the pc is on ??

I have no idea about this field in computing..

:eek:

That was just TYPICAL. The battery is right behind my 8800GTS :mad:.. and then i go to pull it out and it's asif its glued in, i pulled so hard i had to push hard with the other hand onto the mobo, so i didn't snap it.

And then the battery wouldn't even come out, i had to get a screwdriver and lever it out.

But it worked in the end :)

Thanks guys... now back to getting my Creative Zen working.

Didn't in the end.

Mind my language but this is really ****ing me off now. The mouse and keyboard work through the bios but as soon as the XP loading screen comes on both my mouse and keyboard loose power.

I have enabled my mouse and keyboard and USB in the BIOS.. but like i just said as soon as i get to loading screen it cuts the power from both of them :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: and now im sat here on my parents PC with a crap 4200X2 and 6800GS, it still manages to run quicker than mine however :confused: Then again they have nothing on the PC really except work stuff.

Anyway backon topic..

hmmmm.
i was gonna tell you to enable usb/keyboard and mouse support in your bios but i guess you've alerady done that.

Do you have another set of inputs to try out/?

No, i only have USB keyboard and mouse. I've tried changing which usb hub they go into..no success.

I am seriously stressed, this day has just gone from bad to utterly ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom