Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

upupandaway

Beta member
I have a Dell Dimension 5150 that won't turn on. The on/off is blinking orange. I'm pretty sure that it is not any of the cords or wires because I can connect to my daughter's laptop. Any suggestions as to how to fix this or what could be wrong? Thanks.

I'm pretty sure that it is not any of the cords or wires because I can connect to my daughter's laptop.

This sentence is extremely vague. What do you mean you can connect to your daughter's laptop? How can you connect if it doesn't turn on? Is it only the monitor that doesn't turn on? Do all the fans spin up inside the case? The more details you provide we can better help you ;-)

If you can connect remotely, but your daughter can't see anything on the screen then your monitor has either gone out or you are connecting to the wrong PC.

Sorry. I have a desktop dimension 5150 that won't turn on. The button is flashing orange and no fan is going. I think it is either the power supply or the motherboard that needs replacing. How do I tell which it is?

Where does 'i can connect to my daughters laptop' come into play...

As ste said:
-reconnect all cables
-ensure you are using a known good working outlet
-Use a multimeter to determine if the power supply is giving you the correct voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom