help

Status
Not open for further replies.

awdavis87

Solid State Member
ok so i built a new pc and it was all working fine til a week ago when i rebooted and the ntlrdr was missing so i tried to reformat that didnt work it just froze on formatting. another thing is i had to unplug the hd sata to get it to go into windows setup. with the hd plugged in it freezes on post or it goes to a black screen ive tried 2 different cpus and tried single sticks of ram in each slot still nothing. also tried 2nd hd and still same problems wont load windows ect, also reset cmos anyone got any ideas

Well does the system post or anything? I mean it sounds like you have switched out many different parts that could have caused a problem somewhere.

it was posting then i would plug hd in and it would freeze on post so i started to remv stuff one by one at this point it was freezing on post with or without the hd remvd memory listen for beeps nothing. at this point i think the mobo went bad.

yes. when it did boot it would take about 5 min before i heard a beep and it started to post

600w should be enough
im running 4 gig gskill ram 1066, 9850 black edition, saphire 4870 1gig vid card, on a gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3. using a creative xtreem gamer sound card.

So now it doesnt boot at all. I would strip it down to the bare minimums. 1 stick of RAM HDD and if needed GPU. Then see if it posts. If so then something else is up. Maybe one of your RAM sticks is bad or one of your RAM slots. But try it with bare minimum components first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom