help!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zebps2

Beta member
I have been planing a system build for a while now. I have recently got a new case and decided to take apart an old windows 2000 system so i could enjoy the new case for it will not be a while before i can get money to buy more new parts, also it would be my first build so i wanted to know i could do it.

during first boot it froze on the very first start up screen. I tried to reinstall window 2000 several times on some occasions it would say it was not able to install a certian file and other times it would stop installing and tell me there is a error and sugest that there may be a problem with some of the hardware. I decided to use another hard drive with windows 2000 on it. This time it gets further but restarts during startup which tells me there is a different problem with the hardware.

Sounds like the battery on the board is weak since this is on an old system if everything was connected properly once all of the hardwares were moved into it. Even the first drive should have seen 2000 boot right up without a need for a reinstall there if there were no other hardware changes other then the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom