Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobmitsuo

Baseband Member
Just moved back home for the holidays and such. Now my computer seems to be boned. First, when i switch on the i/o in the back everything seems to power up, the fans the light and the rom drives. Normally on my rig that doesnt happen. I'd have to press the on button in the front for the fans to come on. Well then i just sits there with the fans and such running doing nothing until you do press the on button, the compy will post and go into bios when pressing del and such. The problem lies in booting to os. When i tried it flashed the xp loading screen for a bit then goes to black screen, going to safe mode it stops asking for a file. So i tried to reinstall xp. It will go through the whole deal with the blue screen loading but when it restarts and goes to the point where it says it is installing windows it reboots before finishing. And when left alone it continues to do this, rebooting when installing. It seems to happen at different points to. It start saying it will take 39 mins and the furthest i have gotten is when it says 34 and begins asking for time settings. I lets this go on for a while hoping it would finish at some point but it hasnt so i shut it down and hooked up another rig for the time being. My initial guess is the mobo or possibly the psu overheating and causing rebooting. I've checked inside and all the wires seem to be in order and such.
Any guesses out there to the problem?

i would guess that it is the psu (not sure though) because it sounds like its getting everything up and running but then it starts to loose power and bam you reboot. Thats my oppinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom