help!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltynay

Patron
background info: setup is in the sig I currently have two monitors running off of it one's a crt and the other is a tft (primary). its not connected to the internet so no possibility of a virus, I havn't added any new hardware/software

problem: absolutely fine during bootup but as soon as windows appears after boot screen trouble starts, primary monitor is blank, secondary monitor (crt) has signal but the background colour is shrunk down and the colouring is completely askew. mouse works and cursor is visible for the first minute into windows but then disappears (only visible on crt as no signal is going to the tft)

Cause: I was in the nvidia control panel I went to performance and it said find optimal setting so I clicked it and my tft suddenly went white and my crt went dark red I assumed it was some weird form of colour function to test the monitor response or just colour sequencing but after half an hour nothing appears to of changed.

general info: I don't have a spare graphics card to whip in to check whether it is just the graphics card that is screwed. Everything powers up and works absolutely fine the only problem appears to be the graphics after windows has finished its boot sequence (i.e. just before the login page). can't get into my windows desktop obviously but I can get into the bios I have 500gb of data that I haven't fully backed up I have shared it over the network haven't checked whether it is accessible over the network share.

wow everything works I am surprised lol incase you couldn't guess by my original post I was expecting this to be a long and drawn out process I thought I had some how screwed up my gfx card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom