Abit IP35 Mobo
Q6600 CPU
OcZ 4GB 6400 800mhz memory (4x1)
8800GTS 512mb
samsung cd drive
samsung 500GB 16mb cache hard drive
antec 900 gaming case
windows vista ultimate (32bit) OS

right about a month ago my gaming pc decided to somehow die on me, what happened was i put vista into sleep mode then the machine started going crazy (booting up and down constantly) till it eventually turned off and since then ive never got it to work again

when i turn the system on everything boots up (fans and hardware ect) but but it just doesn't post at all, so cant get to bios or anything,so its boots up but its dead if you get me just cant do anything at all with it

i messed about with the ram with different slots and that didn't help,ive tryed the hard drive and graphics card on a older computer and they work fine, i couldn't try anything else on the older computer because the hardware was to new for it..

so i decided to take it all to a computer shop and they've supposidly tested everything, they said the fault was with the CPU as the system doesn't post and because its doesnt beep at all on boot up, i told them ive never heard the system beep working or not but they was still sure it was the cpu what as died, so i decided to RMA the cpu back to the retailers and they've told me there isnt anything wrong with the cpu after testing it, which as now left me with a 15 pound fine and a 10 return postage cost

so now im completely confused on whats a matter with my computer, could it be the motherboard/ram???

thanks a lot to anyone who can help

RyBo

Remove 2GB of RAM. Using a 32 Bit OS and 4GB of RAM is asking for nothing but trouble.

hello

thanks for the reply, ive tryed using each 1gb stick in each slot and thats hasnt done anything, and 4gb in a 32bit OS system wouldnt hurt anything as the system picks up 4gb but the OS 32bit can only use 3.25GB of the memory, so that cant be the reason for my pc dying

thanks

No. You dont understand. Vista does not like 4GB of RAM. Take out 2GB and run the system with 2GB. Not with all 4 sticks just moved around. I bet once you remove the 2 stick your system will function.

i mean ive tryed all the ways possible like 1 stick in each slot then 2 sticks in different slot then 3 sticks and so on, that was first thing suggested to me to do the day it broke

plus ive had the system around 4-5months with 4GB of memory in it with out any trouble,till that 1 night where i clicked the button to put the system into sleep mode and the system went mental, now its in a koma and wont seem to ever wake up

i wish it was that easy but like i said i cant even get the to the post screen, the whole system boots up but it just doesn't do anything at all...nothing at all comes up on my screen and theres nothing wrong with the moniter/graphics card/PSU/hdmi cables

:(

It's probably your motherboard that is causing you the problem. Best way to trouble shoot problems is to disconnect everything except for the bare minimum to see if it can start up to narrow down what can be the problem.

If it still can't start up, next you should test each part separately on a working machine to isolate the damage component. Remember to test your power supply too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom