Hello everybody! I have an P8P67 Deluxe board, and a Asus Xonar D2X soundcard. i experience problems with BOTH PCI-E 1X - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 11:47 AM   #11 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Default Re: Hello everybody! I have an P8P67 Deluxe board, and a Asus Xonar D2X soundcard. i experience problems with BOTH PCI-

The on-board audio sounds pretty good, I would try it without the Xonar D2X, you maybe worrying about something you don't even need.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: Hello everybody! I have an P8P67 Deluxe board, and a Asus Xonar D2X soundcard. i experience problems with BOTH PCI-

No way im skipping the D2X

it costed me almost as much as the P8P67, so i hardly think the onboard sounds just as good.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster

Realtek actually has very good sound quality. Try it out, see if you can bear with it.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
Newb Techie

well.... i then rather put the D2X in the second PCIE 16X lane, its working perfect there.. but i wanna have a solution to the PCIE 1X lanes..

And i have also tried it in the PCIE 4X lane, then i barely got any sound at all! it was extremely low!
Old 06-01-2011, 12:52 PM   #15 (permalink)

You try calling up ASUS and asking them? They should know. Could be a defective card.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
Newb Techie

i found this on the P8P67 Troubleshooting page, can this have anything to do with it? am running a 4870X2, wich is a dual GPU card.

Quote:
Recently I bought this motherboard to build a new system with CrossFire configuration. After the CrossFire system is up and running, I found that the PCIE x1 slot does not function. If I change the system configuration to single VGA card, then the PCIE x1 slot works without any issue. Is this normal?
Quote:
This is normal. The PCIE x1 slot shares the PCIE lanes with the second PCIE x16 slot. When the CrossFire function is in use, the second PCIE x16 slot occupies all the available PCIE lanes. Therefore, the PCIE x1 slot is disabled due to lack of resource.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:17 PM   #17 (permalink)

Are you running CF? If no, this has nothing to do with your problem here.

ASUS support is very good, try them.