Hello everybody! I have an P8P67 Deluxe board, and a Asus Xonar D2X soundcard. i experience problems with BOTH PCI-E 1X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simkin

Solid State Member
I have an P8P67 Deluxe board, and a Asus Xonar D2X soundcard. i experience problems with BOTH PCI-E 1X lanes using the D2X. first of all, the sound stops one millisecond randomly, with maybe one minute between every time it happends, but the most annoying is when im running 5.1 surround on my Roccat 5.1 surround headsett, the speakers in the front just stop playing sound, and if i go in to the control panel in D2X and changes from headset to 5.1 again its normal again for a little while.. no problems with 5.1 over SPDIF though.

AND HERE IS THE STRANGE THING: if i put the card in the PCI-E 16X lane, no problems at all!

Running latest BIOS 1606 and latest driver for the D2X

Lates driver for soundcard!

But......... problems on both PCIE 1X lanes but not 16X lane? i find that strange!

had no problems with this card on my Asus Maximus Formula SE using PCI-E 1X lane!

bad slots, maybe. i dont understand this. strange thing its both slots, not only one.

i'll keep it in the 16X slot for now. but if anyone know anything about this, scream out :=)

here is my hardware:

Intel i7 2600k@4.5Ghz, Asus P8P67 Deluxe, 8GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600Mhz, Noctua NH-D14, Radeon 4870X2, Crucial M4 256GB SSD + 5 HDD, Asus Xonar D2X, ThermalTake TT 850W, Tagan A+ CS Monolize, Samsung T240, Logitech Illuminate+G9x, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit.

i have not tried the onboard soundcard. but i have disabled the onboard soundcrd in BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom