headwrecking problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim2006

Beta member
i have been having a problem with my pc for weeks, it has stumped the 2 shops i sent it to and has totally stumped me. i use my pc as a gaming platform, thats what its built for. im running a 2.2gig athalon 64. radeon 1900xtx, 2 serial ata and an asrock dual sata motherboard, but recently, for no apparantly reason my pc just shuts down on me, turns off, then restarts, blank screen, then comes on again. i need direction, could it be the power supply? the processor? is there any program that will tell me? please help, im at my wits end here

Did you overclock? Did you try resetting your BIOS settings? Did you try re-installing Windows? Does it turn off when playing games or when using any program?

did not overclock, did 2 fresh installs, and changed my graphics card, thus the new 1900xtx, new motherboard also, as my old one was agp.

mb the PSU. (or faulty mobo) seems like its not providing enough power to drive the new GPU and rest of the components. what kind of PSU do u have?

apparantly my pc was shutting down because of a setting telling it to reboot instead of going to a "blue screen" must now try and bring up a blue screen and see what it says

i would have said the problem is power related. go back to that shop, and ask if you can borrow a good psu to see if it will boot.

ok, just got a bluescreen thingie which said the following, stop: 0x000000f4 (0x00000003, 0x865a2dao, 0x865a2f14, 0x805c7478)
i googled this but got no hits. got a few from the last bit (0x805c7478)
but no one seemed to have any ideas. is there a good place to check out what these codes mean?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330100

0x000000F4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
(Click to consult the online MSDN article.)
One of the many processes or threads crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. As a result, the system can no longer function. Specific causes are many, and often best resolved by a careful history of the problem and the circumstances of the error message. One user, who experienced this on return from Standby mode on Win XP SP2, found the cause was that Windows was installed on a slave drive; compare KB 330100.

also go look in event viewer check out what errors you have at www.eventid.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom