Headset Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatrat92

Baseband Member
I am having a problem with my headset, it is a Turtle Beach X12 Headset. I am having a problem with a buzzing noise with my microphone. I can play on my Xbox 360 as long as I don't have the play-and-charge kit plugged in, but my bigger problem is when I use the microphone on PC is produces a buzzing noise. This is amplified depending on how the volume is set. So does anyone have any ideas of what is causing this, or how to fix it?

If possible, in your sound driver panel (or the Windows Sound panel if you're just using the default Windows drivers), have the volume of the 3.5mm jack as low as possible, and the volume knob on the headphone in-line amplifier as high as possible. Works for my headphones (since the buzzing noise tends to be introduced in software amplification, you want the hardware amplification as high as possible).

It appears to have worked when I record by itself, I will have to see when I combine it with video. I also removed the built-in microphone as it always confuses me which one is set.

Not sure about the PC thing but that buzzing sound happens with all my friends turtle beach headset as well when they are using play and charge kits. I think it's an unsolvable problem.

How do you mean electrical interference. I know you can get radio interference when they are using the same frequency. But these are wired, do you mean they I am running too many cables near each other? That could be a possibility.

Could be I have an Astro headset and that is one of their troubleshooting steps(making sure wires aren't tangled up) as well as using a different socket or if your using a power strip unplug things one by one and see if the buzzing stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom