Headphone jack randomly stops working, speakers do, help? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 01-22-2012, 11:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Headphone jack randomly stops working, speakers do, help?

ok i can give a more detailed erm specs of my computer if needed but for the moment i dont know if it will be needed. I own a Hp desktop pc, my headphones have been working fine and i know its not the headphone jack(my computer is less then a year and i take good care of it externally). So im listening to my music as normal, leave to do something i come back and my headphones have stopped working, my speakers work fine but my headphones dont, i tried updating my drivers(at least i believe i tried, if you think it is, then please tell me how to check). Ive run into this problem before but im not to sure, please can anyone help?

Old 01-23-2012, 01:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Re: Headphone jack randomly stops working, speakers do, help?

Do you have another set of headphones you could try as these may be the problem not the headphone jack? Also, do the headphones still work with an mp3 player?
Closed Thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On