Headphone and farcry Problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ste

Do not Stare at my Avatar
I just bought a pair of philips noise cancelling headphones.
Model: SBC HN110
Sound Card is Audigy 2 ZS.

I have tried playing farcry with these new headphones and well, it doesn't work correctly.
I have tried it with noise cancelling off and with it on. (Button to one side of the headphones to turn it off/on.)

Let me try to explain. I have Music disabled to start, I only have sound effects on. With the new Headphones, I can hear myself walk, and move through water and brush. The sounds are normal. But, when fireing the weapon it only makes sound if the bullets hit something, like ground or an enemy, If I fire into the sky, it will not make shooting sounds. It will make the empty clip sound. A flying helicopter will making the chopper Blade sound Sound. No washing water on the shore sound or guys yelling or talking to or at me.

So I have played with the settings, I have re enabled music, but no music, I have tried every combination of the hardware mixing and eax sounds and doppler effect boxs at the bottom of the sound box in options. And it still remains the same.

It only happens in farcry.
Sounds and music is/are fine in supreme commander and COD2.
Music Plays fine and so to does .avi or movie files.

Now, I have tried playing with the master controls in control panel, but still the problem remains.

Should I:
Reinstall farcry.
Install Latest farcry patch.
Uninstall and then reinstall Sound card Drivers.

Or other? Any suggestions.

Hi I ran into this problem In Farcry once. The problem I found was just at a certain place in the game It was just bad programing i assume. So once I got past that point it cleared up. May not be your problem but just a thought. Does it work properly with just the speakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom