hdtv as monitor trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drogos

Daemon Poster
ok so i went to best buy and got this lcd hdty a few days ago
it was pc input and u need a male to male vga cable to use
it as monitor but u can also use a hdmi to dvi they dint have the danm vga cable to u got the hdmi to dvi and it works but it cuts some of my descktop so i ordered a vga cable from new egg i got it today i hooked it and it loses conection afther
afther the loading windows part i updated my vcard so i duno what im doing wrong is there a way to fix the desktop cut on the hdmi to dvi?
im doing something wrong or the vga cable is not good or something
im alredy sarted to think screw it and return the danm tv lol

thanks in advance

i decided to use the hd tv as a secondary monitor i made it a desktop extension so ill be able to multy task that way
ill have to do for now lol

I would guess english may not be your first language? :D
anyways, it seems you are saying not all of your desktop is being display when you are using the hdtv...it just may be a thing of picking the right resolution. Assuming your vga can detect the settings to match the tv.

Your desktop resolution is higher than what the TV can handle. Lower your desktop resolution to the maximum resolution your TV can handle. Read your manual if you do not know what to set it at. Once it's at the proper resolution, you should be able to boot into Windows with no problem using the TV as your primary monitor.

What brand of tv is it. Never seen an hdtv with a VGA input. My tv has DVI in so i just run straight from the video card to the tv and set it to 720p.

Also, check this site out www.monoprice.com and you can always just order a dvi > hdmi cable from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom