HDTV Hookup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hooking PC to HDTV for the First Time

I was going to use a DVI cable until my buddy pointed out that, I can use HDMI if my Graphics card has the connector ! I have both now, so I'm interested to see how you get on with the HDMI !

Question: Does everything else work ? Games, photos etc. ?

but i have noticed slightly better colour vividity on the same monitor through different cable means, but i dont think the quality was noticeably different.

That my friend, is why I said to go with HDMI.
Analogue quality may be affected by the quality of your cables.
but with digital source (HDMI), it either works or it doesn't, no quality difference.

Re: Hooking PC to HDTV for the First Time

It's Windows 7. Go to the settings in my TV or Computer? Yeah I was also wondering how I can get it so that it's a full screen on my TV. Cause it's just showing a space in the middle of my TV that is the size of the monitor screen.

either need to change scaling options from your desktop or with your TV settings.

right click on windows desktop and select screen resolutions.
tv settings you are on your own.

I was going to use a DVI cable until my buddy pointed out that, I can use HDMI if my Graphics card has the connector ! I have both now, so I'm interested to see how you get on with the HDMI !

Question: Does everything else work ? Games, photos etc. ?

everything works.

Jesus slay, I read this thread cause I was subscribed and now everything is thrown off strangely, was wondering if the forum raped it self....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom