HDMI - sound no longer works since W7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwoody

Solid State Member
I bought this laptop a few years back, with vista installed. A month or two ago, my OS decided to die on me, so upgraded to Windows 7. All works fine, and faster! except for my HDMI to watch movies on my TV.

I've tried installing new audio drivers, which did nothing. The picture works fine, and so does attaching speakers to the laptop to play the sound - it just no longer recognises the sound option of my TV (Which worked perfectly fine before I upgraded)

Is this a common problem when installing a different OS, and is there a way to fix it? I was thinking the HDMI has its own drivers, but cannot find anything out about it.

I use Everest Home edition to check up for drivers, etc, but this laptop has a lot of 'unknown' components :s and wouldnt know where to even find the HDMI port drivers. They must be integrated, as my graphics are?

Thanks for any help.

How did your OS die on you? I've never heard of the OS dying. Go to the Manufacturers download site and get the drivers for Vista (for all the components) as they should work in Win 7.

If your GPU is Nvidia then usually an update of drivers will help. I suggest going to your manufacturer site and start downloading drivers to see if it reduces the amount of "Unknown" in the device manager. Also, for HDMI you have to select it in the sound properties IF it is installed correctly.

hdmi.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom