HDMI Output to LCD TV Blurry/Low Quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magresta

Beta member
I recently bought an HDMI cable for my Laptop -> TV connection. I use the TV as a second monitor (laptop being 1), and until now have used an old VGA connector, and the picture was perfect, but the sound couldnt be put out through the TV speakers, so I decided to get an HDMI cable. The sound works fine now, but the picture is blurry and weird with pictures and text and everything except video which seems to work ok.

I've got a Dell m1330 xps with an NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS card. It has a VGA and HDMI output built in, so no adapters are being used. The TV is Auria EQ2488F.

The TV claims 1080p and HDMI support, and the 1080p works great with the VGA cable, but with HDMI the picture is blurry. I tried every resolution possible (the native is 1080x1920) and they're all the same. I also tried every refresh rate (60HZ is recommended), so that is not the problem. I'm not sure if it's hardware or software, TV or computer. I also tried with another HDMI cable and the effect was the same. Fiddling with contrast and brightness have minimal effect and ClearType is already activated.

Video and games will look great, but its actually the windows stuff that will look blurry, like texts and the desctop. I use and hdmi connection to a 1080p tv to play my games, they look great. Put a 1080p wallpaper on your desctop, it will also look great, but the icons will still look bad.
Is there a black border arround the screen? Or is the screen bigger than the tv? If that happens, then u need to ajust that from the catalist of your vga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom