HDMI Audio from Geforce GT 520 card?

robgw3

Beta member
I have a Geforce GT 520 graphics card that i bought a few months ago, when i bought it i had the same problem i am having now and someone was able to help me with it then, unfortunately i cant remember the solution they gave me. I have a monitor on my desk but i also have a tv which i like to connect to my pc with an HDMI cable, when i first got the new card i couldnt get sound to go through the hdmi. Someone helped me fix that and i think it was with a driver update, but the driver didnt come from Nvidia.

Anyway i had to get a new hard drive so now i am having the same issue again, i am not getting any sound through the HDMI cable to my tv. I get video without a problem, but just no sound. The cable is plugged in correctly, and i tried switching it from speakers to tv but it does nothing. Not even the test will make the tv produce a sound. Anyone know the solution to this?

I have a Geforce GT 520 graphics card that i bought a few months ago, when i bought it i had the same problem i am having now and someone was able to help me with it then, unfortunately i cant remember the solution they gave me. I have a monitor on my desk but i also have a tv which i like to connect to my pc with an HDMI cable, when i first got the new card i couldnt get sound to go through the hdmi. Someone helped me fix that and i think it was with a driver update, but the driver didnt come from Nvidia.

Anyway i had to get a new hard drive so now i am having the same issue again, i am not getting any sound through the HDMI cable to my tv. I get video without a problem, but just no sound. The cable is plugged in correctly, and i tried switching it from speakers to tv but it does nothing. Not even the test will make the tv produce a sound. Anyone know the solution to this?

Yep, most of what the other person told you is true, you should download realtek hd audio if its your default sound card.
Enable the hdmi port in the control panel, adjust the volume slider on it see what sounds you may get.
Make sure its the default sound device or communication device.
Since I dont use hdmi ports, your best bet for getting the video to work is speak with someone else that can finish helping you along. :)

Yep, most of what the other person told you is true, you should download realtek hd audio if its your default sound card.
Enable the hdmi port in the control panel, adjust the volume slider on it see what sounds you may get.
Make sure its the default sound device or communication device.
Since I dont use hdmi ports, your best bet for getting the video to work is speak with someone else that can finish helping you along. :)

The video works fine, i have set the device as default sound device and made sure the volume on both the tv and the pc was up but no sound.

Was it a custom driver for the video card?
I dont remember exactly, i just know it wasnt from Nvidia but it was a driver for this video card. I think it was made to fix this problem cause even though the nvidia driver says it fixes it, it doesnt.

Back
Top Bottom