HDD temp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jo, I am not blaming the drives just yet. I am still thinking motherboard. I stopped the system from restarting after a BSOD. Have not received one since then yet.

Now it would not boot up with all 3 drives hooked up, it just sits at the Windows logo screen. I had to unplug the other 2 drives to get it to boot up, just the opposite from earlier. What the heck is going on? I plan on taking it to a shop tomorrow and see if a new motherboard fixes it. If so, I am going to RMA this board.

I will keep you know informed. Thanks for the help so far.

Jo, I am not blaming the drives just yet. I am still thinking motherboard. I stopped the system from restarting after a BSOD. Have not received one since then yet.

Now it would not boot up with all 3 drives hooked up, it just sits at the Windows logo screen. I had to unplug the other 2 drives to get it to boot up, just the opposite from earlier. What the heck is going on? I plan on taking it to a shop tomorrow and see if a new motherboard fixes it. If so, I am going to RMA this board.

I will keep you know informed. Thanks for the help so far.
Oh ok, and yea that seems to be a very odd problem. I'll search up and see if I find any information on it later (middle of assignments now...sucks). Good luck and hope a new motherboard fixes the problem :). Keep us informed, may be we might just learn something new :D and no problem, that's what we're here for :).

Update: I ended up just RMA'ing the board through Gigabyte and they said it had a corrupted bios and they are sending the same one back to me. Was hoping to get a replacement but can't change that now.

Would a corrupted bios cause all the problems I have been having including the nvlddmkm error? I would think if it had a corrupted bios, it would not boot up correctly. I thought it would give me a series of beeps.

I am supposed to receive the board this Thursday. If it still not fixed, I am going to be mad. I will let you know what I find out.

It is possible, but, unlikely, as windows bypasses and takes over what the bios used to perform, forgot at which stage in the boot process...

I kinda wanna say psu...
Or bad case cooling..

But a corrupted firmware would cause temp readings to go haywire...

Well, I got the motherboard installed and Windows is up and running and I am still having the same problems. I don't know what to do now. Besides the corrupted BIOS, they said there was nothing else wrong with the board. I don't know if I should still try to get a replacement or not. It took over 2 weeks to do an RMA. I thought about buying a different one but I don't know.

I was almost certain it was hardware but I had the video card RMA'd, both hard drives RMA'd, bought a new PSU, had the motherboard checked out by Gigabyte. The only thing I haven't replaced is the memory and the cpu. The memory tested out fine and I can't see it being the cpu.

Now I am starting to think I got a bad copy of Windows. Could a bad copy of Windows cause problems like these?

Not sure but I don't think a bad copy of Windows would affect temp reading only...that seems like a minor issue for a bad copy to just affect, if it was bad probably more things would have gone wrong :umm:. So since you did all that, it still comes down the board but if it's working and you don't feel the HDDs heating up I guess you can use it for the while without worries?

The thing is I am having other problems than just the HDD temps, which is no longer a issue. Both brand new hard drives fail the WD diagnostics test, the transfer speeds are real slow between the 2 drives, and while gaming or running a graphic intensive program I get the nvlddmkm error. I have RMA'd both the video card and the hard drives and it still happens. I have also replaced the PSU.

I have Windows 7 Pro Retail version which contains both 32 bit and 64 bit. I may try to install the 32 bit version and see what happens. Honestly I can not see this being a 64 bit issue.

Well I guess it's down to the mobo or OS, try the 32-bit and see if anything is solved...if not then guess you would have to replace the board.

Since Gigabyte found nothing else wrong with the board besides the bios, would replacing the board solve anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom