HDD Regenerator. Anyone uses them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clever_j

In Runtime
Hi

I ran HDD Regenerator 1.51 on my hard drive.

It took a long time to finish a 20GB hard drive, and found bad sectors on it which it claimed to have repaired:

487 bad sectors found
487 bad sectors repaired

however, when i scanned it again, i t found and recovered the same amount of bad sectors AGAIN.. and tried it one last time. Same situation.

What gives?

Clever J

well the whole thing sounds farfetched to me, but hey it could work anythings possible. If you want an alternative pay software try the one bundled with Fix-It Utilities 7 i found it always fixed my drive and the sectors never reappeared. Or if you want something thats free use Check for Disk Errors in Windows XP

Fix-it utilities didnt mention anything about fixing bad sectors..

I ran checkdisk of windows again.. drive d = 60MB++ bad sectors found.. drive C:= ZERO bad setors found..

hmm..

is it possible to isolate the bad sectors to a different and perhaps hidden partition so that it will not be used again?

I don't buy into that stuff. If SMART is reporting offline sectors then chances are there will be more to follow. Once I noticed a drive starting to find and try to relocate bad sectors I backup and take the entire disk offline.

i dont think there is a way of recovering bad sectors
all it does is...it isolates the bad sectors and doesn't count them in the hard disc's size and the system notes the locations where the bad sectors are present and marks them as full or something so that they are never used....

the above is what i read from somewhere...i dont remember :p

also...when u format....u actually remove the bad sectors from the disc..that is...those sectors are no longer part of the hard disc....

dont know how true that is..but i've tried formatting...and after a chkdsk...there were 0 bad sectors...but total size of the disc was reduced by 4KB....and 4 KB was the size of the bad sectors present before formatting..... o.o

i dont think there is a way of recovering bad sectors
all it does is...it isolates the bad sectors and doesn't count them in the hard disc's size and the system notes the locations where the bad sectors are present and marks them as full or something so that they are never used....

the above is what i read from somewhere...i dont remember :p

also...when u format....u actually remove the bad sectors from the disc..that is...those sectors are no longer part of the hard disc....

dont know how true that is..but i've tried formatting...and after a chkdsk...there were 0 bad sectors...but total size of the disc was reduced by 4KB....and 4 KB was the size of the bad sectors present before formatting..... o.o

well if that is true i dont mind loosing 64MB of size as long as the drive can still be used..

im running spinrite on it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom