HDD problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlowiXx

Solid State Member
I recently recognized that my PC was starting extremely slow than it used to. I went on "My Computer" and saw that my Local Disk E looks like empty. Here is picture: http://slike.milf-hosting.info/images/1334486943.jpg . I opened my PC up to make sure every cable is plugged in, but everything seems okay. Also, when I open Device Manager it recognises them and says that they are working properly. When I double click on Local Disk E, the screen freezes, and after 20 seconds it asks me if I want to format my HDD. Also, when I right click on it, it freezes for a while, and then nothing happens. Any advice?

From your pic that you posted a link too. you drives are full up and windows can not operate like that. Move some pics, videos or whatever you have using up all your space and put it on an external drive . I could not tell what size the drives and or partitions you have in your pic. Can you tell us?

Local Disk C and D are partitions of one HDD. It works perfectly and I never had problem with it even when they are both full. It contains 100 GB. But Local Disk E stopped running and I can't explore nor open it. When I check it with cmd it gives me error "Cyclic Redundancy Check". I google something about that problem too, but couldn't find solution. Now I unplugged Local Disk E out of my PC, and my PC doesn't lagg like it used to when Local Disk E was plugged in.

You can get software from the drive's manufacture to check the health status of the drive, I would recommend using the dos version on a boot disk. It does sound like your E: drive is doa
having your drives full will hinder the performance of windows, your free to do whatever you want to with your pc but personally, I leave 25-30% free space on my drives at a minimum

What brand name and model number is your E: drive?

Your "Local Disk E" is dieing. I have a WD drive that magically lost it's partition and would cause system freezes. Also, windows can not operate properly on an absolutely full partition. Either remove some data to another HDD, or upgrade to a larger drive before you run into system stability issues.

Your "Local Disk E" is dieing. I have a WD drive that magically lost it's partition and would cause system freezes. Also, windows can not operate properly on an absolutely full partition. Either remove some data to another HDD, or upgrade to a larger drive before you run into system stability issues.

It's true you know. A HDD needs space to create TMP files when you open/close a program and it also needs some space for index files so that you can actually look in your HDD

Agreed. It wouldn't hurt to give it a shot anyway. See how it goes by perhaps moving videos/pics to external drive.

Okay, finally solved it. After doing re-boot, fresh install of Windows, my PC lagged again. I knew it wasn't about a software now, it had to be a hardware. I checked my HDD and saw that it lost an IDE pin somehow. It went inside hard drive and can't be fixed, so it was actually a problem. I bought new HDD and now it works perfectly. By the way, thanks to all who tried to help, I appreciate that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom