hdd problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Golden Master
I was ocing a bit just for fun because i had some spare time, and i was playing crysis and it crashed, it was because the oc was not entirely stable. Anyway, i go to restart, and it says please insert proper boot media. I go into the bios and my seagate drive is not there, only my storage drive. So i take out the 1tb(storage) and switch it with the seagate (using the cables that the 1tb was using) and it worked fine, it would boot. I then switched it back and it worked fine (with the samsung still out) i then put the 1tb back in it's original spot and the seagate is in its original spot and again it would not boot, same message. So i switched them, and it booted, but the samsung is not recognized in windows or in the bios. So what the heck is going on? This was out of no where, the drive has been working fine for over a month now with no problems what so ever. I tried restarting after the 1tb was not recognized and still not recognizing it.

I solved the problem on my own. I did a cmos flash, and booted and everything was fine. I'm still wondering why the heck that worked though....what could that possibly have fixed? I don't know, but im glad it is working...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom