HDD partitioning question with a Mac OSX

Status
Not open for further replies.

zetahammy

Baseband Member
Hey guys,

I have a Mac OSX apple laptop. Thing is I replaced the hdd a while back and I partitioned it. The problem is that i didn't allocated enough space for the OS. Is there a way I can fix by either extending the OS partition or getting rid of it? I'm trying to do it without having to reinstall OSX because I havn't backed up my files yet on the bigger half of the partition. Any solutions you guys can offer? Thanks.

Hey guys,

I have a Mac OSX apple laptop. Thing is I replaced the hdd a while back and I partitioned it. The problem is that i didn't allocated enough space for the OS. Is there a way I can fix by either extending the OS partition or getting rid of it? I'm trying to do it without having to reinstall OSX because I havn't backed up my files yet on the bigger half of the partition. Any solutions you guys can offer? Thanks.

can't you just back them up to cd-r or dvd-r disc?

yeah what nu2duo is probably eluding to is that there is really no safe way to resize an OS partition without loss of data. sometimes it can work but usually something goes wrong.

best to backup data and start over

alrighty then... Thanks for the replies. Another quick question. I got an external HDD to just be able to copy files on to it so I can just redo the whole OS installation. But the problem comes from when I install my external HDD through usb on my ibook. It doesn't seem to want to copy files on to it, but it will let files be copied from it. And when I hook it up to my windows comp through eSATA there seems to be no problems. Is this thing usual? or is this problem unique to me? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom