HDD Parition Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tikitaha

Baseband Member
Hi, i would like to noe that if i partition my HDD into 2 or 3 partition and install all the programs on one partition (E.g Partition A), and files to store at another(E.g Partition B), will i get a virus/spyware in the partition B if i install a program which contain the bug into Partition A?

When i try to reformat my com, can i juz reformat partition A and reinstall the windows while the files in the partition B remains intact?? Hope u guys can advise me on this thanks..

That should work out OK. As long as you get the partitions right upon install.
But if your talking about EXE files like programs you will most likely have to reinstall the programs. Unless you make new shortcuts to the programs which can be tedious and wont work for every program.

Hello,

Many users partition their hard drives and store their data this way, making it less troublesome to re-install the operating system. On my laptop I have one hard drive with three partitions, two with operating systems installed and the third partition containing all my personal data. I can re-install the operating system without losing, or having to backup, my personal data.

Whether files in your personal data partition (in your case partition B) remains intact after malware outbreak on your computer system will depend on the malware itself. Some malware can infect, and cause damage to, files across all partitions on a hard drive.

So, saving your personal data on a separate partition to that of your system partition saves you the hassle of having to backup data from the system partition when you need to re-install the operating system, but doesn't necessarily protect your personal data from being infected or damaged by malware.

Hence it's important to have up to date anti-malware software installed on your computer, and to backup your personal data files onto a storage medium other than your hard drive (such as an external hard drive).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom