HDD not recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stiks

Solid State Member
Ok so I just built my new Pc. Everything was great but the two SATA 250 hdd are not being picked up. When I go into the BIOS I can see the hdd, and they are enabled. Its when I try to install the OS that it gives me the "windows has not detected any harddisk and make sure everything is okay," or something to that effect. I put in an IDE and installed windows on that to see if the other 2 hdd were under disk management but that didnt work either. I had a friend try a few things, like create an array as stated in the motherboard manual, and nothing. I checked and double checked everything, and so did my friend and still nothing. Anyone have any ideas?

Since it's SATA, you might have to install external drivers in order for OS installatin to work. If you can state model of your motherboard it would help.

Try going to your motherboard's website and search for SATA drivers during OS installation. When installation first runs, it prompts you to press F6 to install external HDD drivers. You will need the driver files on a floppy for this to work.

I think that is the problem. Good luck.

Its a ASUS KV8-X SE motherboard. I dont have the PC here at the moment, and I have to go to bed now, so I cant do anything right now. Hopefully what you said is the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom