HDD isnt giving me permissions! All grayed out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
For those of u who checked out my thread lately, i am having PC issues. Today, i just came across a new one. My HDD is fine n readable, but when i was giving it permissions to another PC for full control, it would of taken too long, plus some AppDate or LocalData errors were coming up n said it would not be readable or something idk. I decided to cancel it n it warned me that some files could not be readable while others would be. I was assuming it was the PC i hooked my HDD to but i was wrong. I quickly bought a Thermaltake HDD Docking Station from Best Buy to finally use it on a laptop. However, going to the permissions, it is all grayed out. I havent tried booting it from another computer yet but i can access it thru Windows Explorer. Problem is, the limited desktops i have access to is Windows Vista n i wouldnt know if the mobo would compatible or not. Would i need to find a crack in the security to access the HDD? I need help fast because my final work for school is on it n i need to take it off fast!

UPDATE:

I managed to boot off the docking station im using temporarily n got the data i needed off it. Now that i know that my HDD is bootable and not broken, my own PC problem has to rely on either the GPU or mobo. Sry for creating this thread n solving it so quickly just was in panic mode :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom