HDD crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidey_lad

Baseband Member
my sata Hdd keeps crashing and reading raw when i get passed 74gb of space i got a different hard drive and it done it again they ar both western digital 250gb my machine crash and the kerrnals went on the drive im using xp pro . Ithas done it a few times theres no virus on the michine it worked b4 the crash andi can figure out what it is does anyone have any ideas thank.

What service pack did you have installed? Do you tighten the harddrives tight(usually 4 screws, two on each side) to avoid vibrational damage.

im using service pack 2 and it sit tighty in with plastic brackets on each side if the hdd . Its very stiff and it take a good tug to move when u unclip it .

yeah it worked for about a year before it crashed i also have an ide witch is 200gb that works

I think it cant be a virus because it happened after I reinstalled xp on the pc before i went on to the net and i run scan every day at 6:00am . I had a mates 300gb maxtar sata drive in the machine when i was recovering the data off the drive . Just to let you know my motherboard is 8IPE775/-G,
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom