HDD/Bios help?

nightelf

Baseband Member
My bios isn't listing my hard drive as a bootable device. I have no idea what's wrong! When i start my computer up i get this message:

The current BIOS setting do not fully support the boot device.
Click OK to enter the BIOS Setup.
then in yellow text:
Go to Advanced>Boot>CSM Parameters and adjust the CSM (Compatibility Support Module) settings to enable the boot device.

But not only do i have no idea how the hell to set those parameters, i'm completely unfamiliar with this Asus chipset motherboard and it's drivin me nuts!

Please anyone help me out? Took my computer to geeksquad and they told me i need to order a factory restore disk from Asus and i can't even call till monday to inquire about it! It's been a week of me trying to figure this out and i am literally

Thank you in advance for any help!

My computer model: Asus CM1745

Upgrades i have made:
520 WATT Dynex PSU model: DX-520wps
HD Radeon 6870 GPU

check the drive is getting power, the cable is in the correct port (Slot 1 for boot device usually) Make sure your SATA cable is in good health

It is, i even replaced the Sata cable. Everything is plugged in, though i'm not sure what you're talking about by saying Slot 1.

So just to be sure, you are running on the same hard drive from factory? have you tried to load defaults and reboot?

ALSO, DONT TAKE IT TO GEEK SQUAD. They are retards and they will just steal your money!

Keep in mind that this will also still be in warranty. If, and i do stress if, i cant help you, ASUS has a good call center to help you, and they honor warrantys quite well.

Yes it is still the pre-built hard drive. Meh, Asus hasn't been great honestly. I'm still working on getting the factory reset disc from them to give it a try and i'm starting to get gaming withdrawals xD

Back
Top Bottom