HDD Access Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoform

Beta member
Alright, so i did a slightly stupid thing, i selected a couple of hard drives (4 drives) and did "Properties" then clicked the permissions tab, funny thing..

XP tells me there's differences between the various drives permissions, then asks me if i want to make them all the same, i didn't think and clicked "yes".. what does it do? It removes ALL permissions from all the drives.

BAM, i'm now completely locked out of 1 terabyte of data. When i try and get properties on any of the drives now, i don't even have a permissions tab........ @!$#$#@!@

same thing. fack. it's now listing the drives as being 0 bytes.. i checked in compmgmt.msc and they're all "healthy".. i've just lost all access to them..

ever played around with Linux? you could try a live cd Linux (Puppy, DSL) to see if that can access the drives. i'm not really that great with software, more of a hardware guy. perhaps if you PM a forum leader and ask them to move this thread to the Windows OS section or edit your post out of this and repost it there you would get a better response

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom