HD Troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well first of all, if you do research into data recovery, there are laws and policies regarding the secrecy of your data. This is taken from Seagates website regarding their data recovery services:

"We offer a secure environment in which your information is kept private. We will protect the confidentiality of your data against unauthorized disclosure using the same degree of care as we use to protect our own confidential information."

Also, I never said that these songs, movies, and image files were illegal in the first place. Since Seagate is a leading company in disk technologies, I am sure the majority of the other companies dealing with data recovery have similar privacy policies. Why would they want to get into the legal aspect of piracy? That is just more of their time/money that is wasn't in legal procedings. I realize I should backup my data, and from now on I will look at this as an option.

Maybe so. But you pay for those services, hence the laws to not look at your data.

9 times out of 10 movies on someones computers are probably illegal to some extent. I could care less whether you have legal stuff or not.. it's just the fact.

Anyways, lesson learned ;( .. I didn't mean to sound rude just the truth though :) Good Luck Though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom