HD problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

RavishingRocket

In Runtime
i have a western digital HD that i use as a slave. When i boot up my computer, the HD shows up in the bios and in windows, but when i click on the HD it says "E:\ is not accessible. Incorrect function." Anybody have an idea as to why its all a sudden giving me errors? Anyway i can retrieve my data? I have already tried PC Inspector File Recovery to no avail. Thanks

have you tried booting in safe mode? or as administrator. also, maybe try a different data cord ( i don't know if it's ribbon cable, or SATA cable) does that drive make any unusual noise?

I have not tried safe mode. Altho i have tried a different data cable to no avail. There are no unusual noises coming from the drive

did u set the drive jumpers? i think i got the same error when i set both drives to master, but after setting one to master, one to slave, it booted up

If its sata there is no need to set the jumper to slave. But if there is no os on it then right click on my computer and go to manage. Then click on disk management then try to figure out what is wrong with it from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom