HD not recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright well ive done sum trouble shooting and i just think it may be the power supply ill explain what its been doing.

I take everything out of my case put the mother on its box only thing on the mother board are the ram slots and the cpu and power it up for a moment, it works so i put it back in the case and put the graphics card back on try to power it up the light on the mother board blinks once i hit the power button again nothin.

I take the graphics card off try to turn it on still nothin so i dont know.

Any ideas?

Check that the motherboard or any PCI cards aren't touching anything on the case except for where you screwed the board onto the spacers. You did use the brass spacers right?

Yes i used them. I may take the board out again and try it out of the case with the graphics card.
i noticed the ports arent really square with the back panel either so it may be touching sumwere

Well when your right your right everything on the board powers up and the system status lights show everythings good sitting on the box so ill try to make sure the board isnt touching any metal when im putting it back together.

Alright everythings together and its running now just gotta wait on a new hd to really get it going but i think the problem was i had an extra standoff put in that was just setting on the bottom of the board.
But thanks guys for sticking with me through this frustrating ordeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom