HD jacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soup lightning

In Runtime
after i moved out for college everything started to run a lot slower on my comp. it takes forever to boot up, load times in games are ridiculously slow. i ran spybot, adaware, that regcleaner thing, defragged and it was still slow. i did the memtest too and it didnt show any problems

whoops
amd 3200
evga 6800gt
1 gig of ram
wd raptor

Try looking through the list of startup items and try using a program like WinPatrol to figure if you have a lot of startup programs eating up your memory and turn some off.

formats always make things run faster, it gets rid of all the crap Windows accumulates.
but if you can't/don't want to format, just make sure you haven't got heaps of programs open at one time.

formatting dosnt help. i tried a few times when it first started. i already went through and turned off everything i dont use and it didnt help either

LoTeX said:

"HD Tach will test the sequential read, random access and interface burst speeds of your attached storage device (hard drive, flash drive, removable drive, etc). All drive technologies such as SCSI, IDE/ATA, 1394, USB, SATA and RAID are supported. Test results from HD Tach can be used to confirm manufacturer specs, analyze your system for proper performance, and compare your performance with others. HD Tach is very easy to use, quick, and presents data in easy to read graphs, including the ability to compare two storage devices on screen at the same time for easy analysis."

tried it yet?

i remember benchmarking 2 similar drives (45 gb ibm deathstars). the other one was a bit faster (had a better burst rate or something).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom