HD Imaging issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

IT_N8

In Runtime
I tried using the DriveImage XML program from filehippo for imaging from a bad HD to the new HD and was able to get it to copy over successfully. However, when I installed the new one and started up the PC, i nowget the below error flashing continuously:

"For Realtek RTL8139(X)/8130/810X PCI Fast Ethernet Controller v2.13 (020326)
PXE-E61 Media Test Failure, check Cable.
PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM."

Any help on the cause and resolution would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

That comes up when you arent booting from the Hard drive. Check your boot order in the bios.

It shows me the boot screen but goes straight to the error regardless of what key i press. Any other ideas??

Thanks,

Finally got it to enter the bios screen and it is booting from HD. Read other forums that say to "beat" the laptop, (didn't work). Others said to re-seat the HD which also didn't work. Can't think of anything else to try??

I disabled the network adaptor in the boot order and no longer get the error!! Now i just get a blinking cursor on a black screen. So i'm wondering if something may not copied correctly when imaging the HD from the old to the new. Any ideas from this point? Much appreciated.

You don't need to disable the Network Adapter as it is not an error. I have never used this software but I just read real quick about it and it doesn't look like it makes it so your copied files are a bootable image. It says it saves the files as an XML format so that you can process them with 3rd party tools. So you will need another program to take the XML files and turn it into a bootable drive image.

Typically I used Symantec Ghost for this process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom