HD audio shutting off intermittently

Status
Not open for further replies.

soulofadra6on

Baseband Member
a few days after i Overclocked my processor i've noticed the HD audio shuts off intermittently, and i have to reset my computer. I am running the Audio off of my HD 4850 video card via HDMI and it connects to my Philips 32" LCD HDTV. i go into control panel and click on the sound properties and it doesnt show it as plugged in. I have to reset my computer then it's able to play sound on my tv...could this be because a faulty Video card driver? or something that has to do with me overclocking?

sorry i was in a rush when i posted that and my information and grammar are horrible!

I have a HDTV that i use as my monitor. It's connected to my HD4850 via HDMI cable. Through this i am able to get sound from my tv. every so often there is no sound, so i go into the control panel and check the sound properties. It shows that i have my speakers plugged in (regular headphones that i plug into my speaker jack on the motherboard) and it shows the HDMI device as an option, but it says it's not plugged in. The only way i found to remedy this would be to reset my computer, which i wish i didn't have to . this started happening about 2 days after i overclocked my computer, at the same time i added a heat sink and the side case fan had to be moved lower and is now in front of the video card blowing air in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom