HD Audio Cable not working. HELP - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 03-12-2011, 12:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default HD Audio Cable not working. HELP

Alright so the main issue i'm having here is that my speakers and microphone are not being detected and dont work on my computer. All this happened after i installed a new Antec fan for my Graphics Card.
Its one that fits into a pci slot and blows onto the graphics card. I'll include picture at the bottom.
Anyways, the only cable i SLIGHTLY moved during the whole process was a cable labeled "HD AUDIO" and not to my suprisement, it led straight to my front 3.5 mm mic and speaker jacks. Green and Pink. I mean, i only SLIGHTLY moved the cable to the side, i didn't unplug it or anything. I have never had speaker or mic problems before until now.
I've made sure all drivers have been installed and everything. I've tried everything i know. But no luck.
Any help?

Computer- Emachines ET1331g-03w
p1040013 - Servimg.com - Free image hosting service
p1040014 - Servimg.com - Free image hosting service

Old 03-12-2011, 01:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!
Default Re: HD Audio Cable not working. HELP

make sure that HD Audio cable is pushed all the way down, from the pic it looks like it isn't 100% in and the two black wires are the ground so if it isn't getting grounded then it won't work properly. if that doesn't work then pop the cooler out and see if it works.
A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Closed Thread