HD 5870 Temp.

TheHumanComputer

Daemon Poster
So i noticed the temp on the HD 5870 shot upto 70+ last night while playing wow, normaly its at 61-65.

It's now at 62 Idle. I have no games up or nothing, is the fan naffed on it? Because its making a weird noise.

Should i leave the PC off till i get it fixed? What after market cooler would you guys suggest as well?

The temp of it now is at 63oC. and i don't have no games up what so ever, just firefox.

Please help! :(

What do you have measuring the temp? Can you verify the temp with another piece of software (just to be absolutely sure)?

I've never replaced the stock fans on a graphics card, but I've heard it's a pain in the you-know-what.

I have been using CPUID hardware, says the temp is at 59-63oC. The fan is also making a very weird noise, as if its going to die or something, like a rattle

Attachments

• screenshot121.png
    screenshot121.png
    46.3 KB · Views: 3
Adding onto what Yevrag said, you should make sure the fan is cleaned out as well.

The fan is clean, I took the whole card apart. The fan is making a very rattle noise. Ill test it on that program too, I turned the pc off. Give me 5-10 mins and I will post a screen shot for you :)

I have also checked to make sure there are no wires there etc, there's nothing hitting it. :(

*EDIT*

Screen shots are below :) I also added a small video of the sound. Hope you can hear it

Attachments

• gputemp1.gif
    gputemp1.gif
    24.8 KB · Views: 5
  • gputemp2.gif
    gputemp2.gif
    18.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Well, probably whatever is causing the noise, is slowing the fan down to only 1100RPM. My IDEAL idle speed is 2000RPM, but it depends on the size of the fan and such.

Next, your card's memory is clocked pretty high, wouldn't you say? Is it OC'd at all? With a "non-" properly functioning fan and the card being OC'd would easily contribute to the high temps.

Well, probably whatever is causing the noise, is slowing the fan down to only 1100RPM. My IDEAL idle speed is 2000RPM, but it depends on the size of the fan and such.

Next, your card's memory is clocked pretty high, wouldn't you say? Is it OC'd at all? With a "non-" properly functioning fan and the card being OC'd would easily contribute to the high temps.

I don't know if it'#s oc'ed or not, it's how i got it, i swapped it for my gtx580.

I think 1,200 mhz is the stock speed for this card. Not too sure though..

How would i put it too stock settings?!

Last edited:
I don't know if it'#s oc'ed or not, it's how i got it, i swapped it for my gtx580.

I think 1,200 mhz is the stock speed for this card. Not too sure though..

How would i put it too stock settings?!

What brand is it?

Edit: NVM, it's XFX (yes, those clocks are normal)

It definitely doesn't sound normal... I would take advantage of the lifetime warranty while it's still valid.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom