HD 5870 Temp.

Well, the new fan didn't seem to help it... Its running at 55oC - 60oC and the fan is at 50%....

Help!? :(
Is that load or idle? How much paste did you put on the GPU?

If your load temp remains below 90c, it doesn't really matter. Then again, I did say I wouldn't personally get that cooler for a reason. It's not very good.

@PP Mguire Oh... i didn't see you say it wasnt a good cooler, sorry. And it was the only one i could find :( What one would you recommend? And yes, that is at IDLE. 0% Load.

@Yevrag35 - Yes, i put all the heat-sinks on, and i put the paste on that come with the cooler.

I just took it up the PC shop, he said it could be a faulty BIO's? Or something, and its reading wrong, not too sure, How do i update the BIO's for the graphics card? I have installed new drivers for it already. It's still running at 55oC.

Screen shot of it down below. 0% load, @ 55oC.

He said to test a game on it as well.

Attachments

• HD5870temp2.gif
    HD5870temp2.gif
    17.4 KB · Views: 1
Use MSI Afterburner. The 5000 series has several temp sensors within the GPU. I bet you'll find the 42c one is your actual temp.
I was asking how much paste was being used. That is key, as too much can hamper performance.

You can't have a faulty bios. If you did, it would have done this from the start.

Use MSI Afterburner. The 5000 series has several temp sensors within the GPU. I bet you'll find the 42c one is your actual load temp.

You can't have a faulty bios. If you did, it would have done this from the start.

Alright, i'll give it ago. thank you. Will post back once installed/tested.

Where should i download it from?

As for the paste, sorry! i'm getting confused and has been a stressful day. I put a small blob in the middle of it, and that was all.

Yeah, i got it haha, sorry :p

*EDIT*

Still showing the same temp :(

I have the new cooler plugged into the card, but when i up the speed, it does nothing? Should i plug it into my motherboard or something?

Blah this sucks :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom