HD 4870 Stock Clock Artifacts!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

commandercup

cuPWNED
I recently purchased a HD 4870... and yet I see artifacts in some of the games I play and in certain ares of my screen occasionally... It seems to be off and on and sometimes in totally different places.

If I play games like CSS or TF2 I don't see any artifacts... but if I start up WoW I see artifacts everywhere... when I open up the start menu (I have the Zune theme which is black/orange) I see some artifacts in the black areas. On the top bars of my programs I see artifacts too since the bar is black...

I was thinking that I would downlock the card a little... but when I open up CCC and turn on ATI Overdrive it says that my card is running at 200 MHZ core and 500 MHZ memory... is that right!? GPU-Z reports the core clock as 750MHZ and the memory clock as 900 MHZ... which is what is advertised.

The card is a HIS HD 4870 512MB...

RMA? Downclock?

My 4850 throttles down to 500/750 when it is idle, but 200/500 is pretty extreme! Could be a misreading, I dunno.

How are your temps?

If temps are fine, I'd first try complete driver removal and reinstall. If that doesn't work, I'd RMA it.

hmm, I just rebooted and its working fine now... I'll post back though if the problem happens again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom