Having trouble with my motherboard and RAM. Please help me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenofei

Beta member
Hey all, I'm building my first PC and I'm having some trouble.
My parts:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6300
evga 8800gts
Antec one two trio 650W power supply
WD 600gb Sata HDD
Lite-ON DVD Drive
pqi 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM DDR3 533 PC2 4200 RAM
Intel DG965WH Media Series Motherboard

I got everything hooked up, and my tower power LED kept flashing, and the motherboard was not POSTing. I was using an Intel DG965WH Motherboard, and the RAM on it was qi TURBO 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 533 (PC2 4200) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory. I researched the motherboard, and that RAM is not compatible because it has such a low latency.(I'm not 100% sure about that, this is where I need the help.) I found it would be cheaper to get a better MoBo instead ofreturning the RAM and reorder compatible RAM because of a restocking free, so I found this motherboard. ASUS P5N-E SLI LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard.
So basically, will my RAM work with this motherboard, I really can't tell. I need to know ASAP because i Need to order the part before I leave for school this weekend. Thank you for the help!

I cant even find this motherboard on the Asus web site. You go to there site and look up the QVL list for your motherboard. That is the acceptable ram list.

If you have any old non-dual channel DDR RAM lying around it could work in the dual channel.

I do know that the p965 chipset is very particular about memory. It must be 1.8 volt, with timings of 5-5-5-15 (and I don't think your memory fits this bill). You might try manually setting memory voltage and timings in the bios, if possible, and see if you can get it to boot up on the Intel board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom