Having some WoW tech issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philistine

Beta member
First is the ping. I'm on a 56k, yea it sucks, but there's no alternative besides moving. I just bought a USrobotics modem over my old one. The performance for websurfing is way better and the dial never fails now, but the gaming hasn't improved at all.

Does anyone know any optimizations to improve my latency for gaming? 56k. I'm getting 700-1500 ping as it is now, purely unplayable for pvp.

Modem SIN is USR-2973-OEM

My second issue is with my new AGP NX7600GS card. It's supposedly a better card than my old 9800 pro (which fried), but it's getting lag spikes at identical settings where my old card didn't. I had to install beta drivers to get a driver that supports the card.

On top of that I'm getting blocking and distortion on menu items and buttons. Alt+tab clears the distortion, but it occassionally reappears.

Should I be worried that this blocking is a sign of memory damage and return the card? Or is it a glitch from not having reliable drivers available for the card? And why is this superiour card not preforming as well as the 9800 pro?

thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom