Having issues with AMD Graphics

luke127

The Ghost
Hey guys, I'm running a HP Pavilion Dv6 with Radeon Dual Graphics. The two cards that are in here are:

AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6520G
AMD Radeon HD 6750M

Now I've had some issues recently with drivers, and some BSODs too. I have a program named Driver Booster that normally updates all my drivers for me, quickly and easily. However at one point it seems to have downloaded a set of drivers that were either too powerful for the card I have, or that were just not for the card at all. This caused the occasional BSOD when trying to watch videos. However gaming FPS was really good. I rolled back the drivers yesterday to stop the BSODs, and no more issues in that area. however, now my gaming FPS has dropped dramatically, and I cannot even load the tekkit pack: attack of the b-team. As soon as it goes to the main menu, the background of the menu sorta follows a rotating movement, and this movement is very glitchy, but this only happens to attack of the b-team.

Anyway, so my question is: What can I do to make my AMD Catalyst Control Center work again, (It crashes whenever I try to open it) and how do I get my gaming FPS back up to regular amounts? (I'm using the latest drivers now according to windows, and driver booster updated and now says I have the latest drivers as well, the previous version didn't however.)

Take everything out, use the GPU driver uninstaller I linked in Malcom's thread, reinstall with latest WHQL (should be 14.4) and cross your fingers.

I'm going to completely remove ALL graphics software and revert to mobo graphics, then use a driver post-uninstall cleaner to remove any unwanted files left behind by the uninstallation, then I'll re-install the drivers recommended by HP for this laptop.

Well, it's not helping on the games. However, I've recently been able to run FTB Monster.. Which has 184 mods compared to b-teams 115. Which is really flipping odd lol. Anyways, I think the graphics aren't switching properly, and the CCC is ignoring the fact that I've set them to high performance graphics.. :(

Back
Top Bottom