Having a gaming problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ewan's Computers

Baseband Member
Here's a link to my sysytem specs: http://www.techist.com/forums/f33/hi-scotland-245382/

I'm having trouble gaming. Whenever I play a game, it freezes soon after I start it, my screen goes blue or red (or some other colours), and my audio goes crazy:wtf:. I think i'ts my psu that's causing this. the recommended psu wattage for my gpu is 400w, and at the moment I have a really bad brand-name 400w psu with only a 21amp 12v rail (dual 12v rail actually).

I need some recommendations about buying a new psu, or about what else you guys think the problem might be. I was thinking of getting this one: Antec 450W PSU - 120mm Fan VP450 4x SATA 1x PCI-E | Ebuyer.com

It's an antec, so it's a good brand -name, it's got 50 extra watts, and 2 18amp 12v rails (giving a total of 36amps, as opposed to my current 21amps)

if you have any other sugestions, i have a budget of £35 or under.

Thanks,
Ewan :big_grin:

You may need more then just 50 extra watts as the 400 recommended is for just the GPU I believe. 5 or 600 watts would be a safer bet. I don't what PSUs are good so wait until one of the experts comes along.

Antec or Corsair TX models. You're going to have to spend a little more than 35 pounds.

If you want to update that later on, get a 650W.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom