Having big problems installing OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

UMEBROSHI

Beta member
bear with me.

So about a month ago i put vista on a PC, messed around with it for about a month and decided to downgrade the PC back to XP.

Here's where everything went wrong. Followed the instructions to make a clean install. Seemed like everything worked, but then i noticed off a "clean" install only about 130gb of my 250Gb hd was available. Looked around and couldn't find anything taking up the hard drive. No "old windows" folder or anything.

So i figured i messed up somewhere in the install. Tried it again. Then it said about 130gb of 130gb was available. I'm freaking out!

Tried it again. Not only is it at 125gb free of 127, but now it says its the "I" drive instead of the "c"

Whats going on? Please tell me this is fixable. I'm not trying to save anything on the hard drive

a thank you in advance for any help

You have to reinstall Windows and you have to make sure during the XP setup you delete all partitons and do a full format.

Ah so it is a partition? Is there a way to delete partitions that's not during setup?

The reason why i ask is i initially thought this, but during setup it wont let me delete any partitions. Its picking up my hd as only being about 130gb instead of 250gb.

I also tried the whole right click, storage management route, but it still doesn't pick up my hd as being partitioned

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom